Learn about Hawaiian marine life from the shallow reef to the open sea! Presentations take place throughout the day. Schedule subject to change.
- Shallow Reef: 9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm
- Blacktip: 10:15am, 12pm, 3:15pm
- Turtle Lagoon: 10:30am, 2:30pm
- Open Ocean: 11am, 1pm, 3pm
- Tide Pool: 11:15am, 1:15pm, 2:15pm, 4:15pm
- Nursery Bay: 11:45am, 1:45pm
Na Mo‘olelo Cultural Program
Engage with Hawaiian cultural practitioners and learn about the culture, language, and traditions of Hawaii. Na Mo‘olelo activities take place daily between 10am-2pm at various locations. Schedule and activities subject to change. Cultural experiences include:
- Ukulele Lessons – Wednesdays at 11am & 12pm
- Hawaiian Mele (Live Music) – Monday-Sunday from 10am-2pm
- Lauhala Weaving – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am-3pm
- Wood Carving – Wednesdays from 10am-2pm
- Kalo Demonstration – Fridays from 11am-1pm
Sea Talk Series
“Losing our Dark, Losing our Seabirds – Finding Solutions”
Light pollution is a serious problem for seabirds. Young seabirds, leaving their burrows for the first time in the fall on their way to the ocean, may become distracted by electric light at night (fallout). Learn about seabird fallout, predictions for this fall and what you can do to help promote dark skies on Maui. Presented by Emily Severson, Community Outreach Liaison Maui Nui Seabird Recovery Project. Call (808) 270-7075 or email email@example.com for reservations and details.
- Date: Thursday, May 18, 2017
- Time: 6pm-7pm (Doors open after 5:30pm)
- Location: Open Ocean Exhibit
- Cost: Free. Space is limited, reservations are recommended.
Activity details and schedule subject to change.