JOB TITLE: MARKETING & SALES COORDINATOR
DIRECT REPORT: Chief Marketing Officer
The Marketing and Sales Coordinator will have a minimum of five years’ experience in office administration duties with advance thinking and proactive communication skills with internal and external entities. Ideal candidate is a highly professional, self-disciplined, multi-tasker with strong computer experience in various types of office software. A passion for communication, organization and administration, with specific experience in marketing and sales is preferred. General Hawai`i knowledge, specifically for the island of Maui, in both resident and visitor markets with existing community network advantageous.
The Center’s goal is to educate and inspire both visitors and residents that address our three marketing pillars of marine conservation, Hawaiian culture and island sustainability; in conjunction with exceeding guest expectations and supporting positive economic growth of our company and island.
- Assist with day-to-day activities of marketing and sales department
- Group, Media and VIP Reservations: Learn organization software, assist with tentative and definite reservation block monitoring and follow up. Create Group Reservation Orders, invoices, and follow up on deposits and final payments
- Client Contracts: Maintain and create agreements, maintain database, assist with ongoing communication, assist with monitoring of inclusions and expirations.
- Vendor Agreements: Maintain agreements and contact information, assist with vendor communication, coordination, and post follow up invoice processing.
- Event Services: Assist with the coordination, execution, and follow up of internal events and outreach programs
- Calendars: Manage marketing and sales calendars including internal and external activities
- Databases: Organize, maintain existing and build, as required
- Reports: Maintain existing, update and generate on key business activities, as required. Assist in conducting research, collect and process data, as required.
- Inventory: Maintain inventory, storage, reorders and new requirements as it pertains to department-related collateral, equipment and supplies. Assist with assembly of promotional materials, collateral, and other relative areas.
- Accounting: Assist with creating invoices, deposit and payment follow up specific to department
- Team: Schedule and coordinate department and other park team meetings as relates to marketing and sales. Follow up on submittals and deadlines. Attend, participate, take minutes and follow up, as required.
- Client and Customer Service Oriented: Provide professional, accurate and timely follow up. Greet and assist with aloha, and create great impressions.
- Organization Skills: Be self-driven, self-organized and determine priorities
- Decision Making: Make independent decisions, addressing optimum way to handle specific tasks
- Communication and Collaboration: Collaborate with other team administrators and personnel, management and clients, on a regular basis to ensure superior communication, project deadlines met, and quality service standards exceeded
- Writing: Professional and proficient in variety of writing styles, from creative to professional, to technical to education and more.
- Solution-Oriented: Use sound personal judgment and initiative to develop effective, efficient and constructive solutions to foreseeable needs
- Team Oriented: Enthusiasm and dedication is a consistent example
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Chief Marketing Officer
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED. Degree in marketing, communications or related discipline preferred, but not required.
- Strong digital skill set with specific experience in MS Office (outlook, excel, word, powerpoint), Google Docs and Adobe. Social media, graphic design and content writing a plus.
- Exemplary organizational and multitask skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn and strong foundational skill set
- Problem solver and able to work well under pressure
- Consistently reliable, responsible, trustworthy and team-oriented
- Ability to operate office equipment including but not limited to printers and multi-media instruments
- Sitting at computer for lengthy periods of time/li>
- Repetitive motions from typing or other administrative duties/li>
- Glare from computer screen/li>
- Frequent interruption/li>
- Walking to various locations within the park
The Maui Ocean Center is committed to global diversity and inclusion, where we support our local community and environment. We continue to strive towards a sustainable business model and encourage innovative and environmentally conscious initiatives in support of our island culture. Our Team members are passionate for what they do with great respect for our ocean, marine life, host culture and each other. With high integrity, transparency and accountability, we are committed to a healthy and sustainable environment, leaving a positive legacy for our future generations. We believe that by teaming together we can make our world a better place – above and below the surface. Career applications accepted at https://mauioceancenter.com/careers/
|Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.|