JOB TITLE: DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST (On-site. Remote not available)
DIRECT REPORT: Director of Marketing
HOURS: Full-time: 40+ hours per week (day shift, on call, weekends)
Maui Ocean Center, a multi award-winning aquarium, is looking for a passionate and professional Digital Marketing Specialist who will drive our digital strategy and engagement. Through our vision and mission, we’re redefining the role of public aquariums as a community education resource – a place where residents and visitors alike can develop a deeper understanding and appreciation for the marine life and ocean environments from which we all depend. Become part of something bigger; join The Aquarium of Hawaiʻi!
As a Digital Marketing Specialist you will plan digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels, create and publish written and visual content to support marketing initiatives, optimize marketing funnels to improve performance, and communicate results to company leadership. You will be proactively resourceful to ensure the company is current and ahead of industry trends; researching related topics to produce content on tight deadlines. Marine life and conservation knowledge is not required, however general interest in Hawai`i’s ocean and/or Hawaiian culture is vastly advantageous.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Team to develop integrated multi-channel marketing strategies
- Plan, develop, coordinate and manage digital programs, communication and campaigns to drive engagement and conversion in conjunction with overall vision and mission (online advertising, web site strategy and design, blogs, press releases, podcasts, videos, social media, mobile, and other deliverables
- Successfully own digital project end-to-end management
- Create and effectively manage organic search campaigns through SEO
- Deliver profitable PPC campaigns across multiple ad networks
- Optimize marketing funnels and improve landing page conversion rates; improving campaign performance and ensuring overall profitability
- Use data analytics to measure, analyze, and report on campaign performance; crucial for developing accurate insights and making data-driven marketing decisions
- Design email marketing campaigns for optimum engagement, leading ultimately to conversion
- Expertly grow high-quality followers and engagement across social channels
- Develop and implement digital PR tactics and methods to elevate status and brand exposure
- Manage website content management system and format via HTML mark-up language
- Oversee ongoing digital schedule and placement on all relative platforms
- Measure, analyze and report digital performance, including ROI and KPIs, for data-driven marketing opportunities and advance business goals
- Continuously conduct digital audits to ensure current best practices are active
- Interface with Department Teams in support of digital touch points, social networking and mobile
- Assist Team in appropriate media selection for their projects across different media platforms
- Maintain strong and consistent brand voice across all platforms
- Conduct in-depth research on industry-related topics to develop innovative, original and relevant content
- Stay current with digital marketing trends and developments
- Evaluate emerging technology
- Support ad copywriting and content creation
- Develop visual assets for digital campaigns
- Advanced knowledge of graphical tools
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly analytic reporting
- Develop and execute digital budget and forecast, as required
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Marketing
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be located on Maui and able to work on-site
- Bachelor degree in marketing or related field preferred; multi-year on the job experience accepted
- Search engine optimization (SEO) –Possess advanced knowledge of SEO and the ability to create and effectively manage organic search campaigns
- Pay-per-click Advertising (PPC) –Deliver profitable PPC campaigns across multiple ad networks, including Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, and paid social advertising
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) – Optimize marketing funnels and improve landing page conversion rates to improve campaign performance and ensure overall profitability
- Data Analysis – Use data analytics to measure, analyze, and report on campaign performance to develop accurate insights and make data-driven marketing decisions
- Email Marketing –Design email marketing campaigns, then support via e-news, and lead nurturing emails that keep prospects engaged until they are prepared to buy
- Social Media Marketing –Expert in growing high-quality followers and building engagement across the four main social channels: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. With familiarity in other platforms to execute as needed.
- Content Marketing –Familiar with the process of content marketing and how to create content that is memorable, shareable, useful, and drives genuine engagement from interested audiences.
- Digital PR – Focused development and increasing online presence through high-quality backlink generation, press releases, guest posting, and other initiatives that elevate status and brand exposure online; promoting Digital PR tactics and methods.
- Website CMS – Expert in website content management systems, specifically WordPress; including website administration and content publishing.
- HTML & CSS – Understanding of HTML and CSS mark-up languages for website revisions, customization, content experiments, landing page design
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications
- Skilled at developing and promoting brands
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Working knowledge of content management systems
- Exemplary organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong ability to multitask, manage time effectively and prioritize
- Strong ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Self-driven and directed; ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Creative and motivated
- Responsible, dependable, and trustworthy
- Upload cover letter and resume at https://mauioceancenter.com/careers/
- Your application will be acknowledged within 7 days
- Questions may be directed to email@example.com
Competitive benefits offered including health, vision and dental as well as vacation, sick, and recognized company holidays.
The Maui Ocean Center is committed to global diversity and inclusion, where we support our local community and environment. We continue to strive towards a sustainable business model and encourage innovative and environmentally conscious initiatives in support of our island culture.
Our Team members are passionate for what they do with great respect for our ocean, marine life, host culture and each other. With high integrity, transparency and accountability, we are committed to a healthy and sustainable environment, leaving a positive legacy for our future generations.
We believe that by teaming together we can make our world a better place – above and below the surface.
Career applications accepted at https://mauioceancenter.com/careers/