JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE TEAM MEMBER
DIRECT REPORT: Operations Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time: 35-40 hours per week (day shift, on call, weekends)
Assists other maintenance personnel, landscaping and housekeepers to ensure animal life-support system is maintained, pumps and filters are operating at optimal capacity and responds proactively to urgent, short term, preventative, and longer-term projects including physical park improvements.
- Ensure animal life support system is maintained and operational
- Ensure the physical appearance of MOC is optimal at all times
- Respond to customer services issues as needed
- Be a First Responder to any urgent maintenance needs
- Ensure preventative maintenance is completed regularly on all pumps and filters
- Assist in coordinating the Maintenance and Housekeeping staff and workloads
- Process job orders and insure productivity is maintained
- Assist with large and Capital projects
- Promote safety for customers and co-workers
- Adhere to all MOC Employee Handbook policies, guidelines, and rules of conduct
- Respond in a timely manner to requests via chain of command
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have electrical experience with 12V and 110V applications
- Ability to answer and respond to after-hours emergency call outs
- Schedule varies. Must be flexible (available all morning and evening shifts, weekends & holidays)
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn and strong work ethic
- Problem solver and able to work well under pressure
- Consistently reliable, responsible, trustworthy and team-oriented
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment including but not limited to housekeeping tools
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time and lift 50+lbs.
- Heavy lifting, walking long distances within the park and working with power tools
- Indoor/outdoor setting
- Frequent interruption
- Operating heavy machinery
- Full time with benefits
The Maui Ocean Center is committed to global diversity and inclusion, where we support our local community and environment. We continue to strive towards a sustainable business model and encourage innovative and environmentally conscious initiatives in support of our island culture.
Our Team members are passionate for what they do with great respect for our ocean, marine life, host culture and each other. With high integrity, transparency and accountability, we are committed to a healthy and sustainable environment, leaving a positive legacy for our future generations.
We believe that by teaming together we can make our world a better place – above and below the surface.
For more information about Maui Ocean Center, visit: https://mauioceancenter.com/
Career applications accepted at https://mauioceancenter.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.