POSITION TITLE: Reef Café Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORT TO: Food and Beverage Director
OVERVIEW: Assist in overseeing and insuring the smooth operation, profitability, and maintenance of high quality standards within the Food and Beverage operation, outlets, staff, and special functions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maximize profit and insure quality of service for Reef Café
- Create and maintain a progressive working culture based on sound motivational business practices that produce a proactive self-directed workforce.
- Work with the Director of F&B to maintain the highest levels of food quality standards and presentations.
- Insure high cleanliness standards are maintained in all areas including production line, dining area, surrounding areas of outlet, and storage areas
- Create a working culture that embodies the overall mission of The Maui Ocean Center and enables the F&B staff to exemplify these core values.
- Create action plans to address any anticipated deficiencies in sales, profit, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, facility and/or equipment.
- Insure all security measures are in place, periodically reviewed, and updated in constant vigilances against misappropriation.
- Create and maintain fun and creative incentive plans (approved by F&B Director) to motive Reef Café staff to increase sales and quality of customer’s experience.
- Be directly involved with managing food cost, inventories, and the labor model.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement
- Be able to hire and adjust staffing as dictated by sales trends and park admissions
- Others duties designated by The Director of F&B.
- Must be able to move at a quick pace and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum of 2 Years’ experience as a manager/supervisor of a fast pace dining setting.
- Work directly with F&B Director to develop merchandising (food and retail) opportunities at Reef Café.
- Ability to work days, holidays, and weekends
- Ability to learn/know end of day paperwork/procedures
- Ability to hire and retain staffing.