Shark Dive Maui
Maui’s Only Shark Dive Activity
Experience the rare opportunity to come face-to-face with sharks, stingrays, and thousands of tropical fish. Shark Dive Maui at Maui Ocean Center allows certified divers to descend into the 750,000-gallon Open Ocean Exhibit and experience the very best of Hawaii’s underwater world. This educational, immersive experience highlights the important roles that sharks have in Hawaiian culture and the marine ecosystem.
Thousands of visitors travel to Hawaii every year to experience the colorful coral reefs, abundant sea life, and uniqueness of the islands’ marine animals. There are also many different species of sharks living in Hawaii’s waters, and SCUBA divers seldom encounter them. Through Shark Dive Maui®, you’ll have the chance to encounter up to six species of sharks including sandbar sharks, blacktip reef sharks, whitetip reef sharks, grey reef sharks, hammerhead sharks, and on most occasions a tiger shark*.
The diver’s friends and family can also watch the entire adventure from the exhibit’s viewing area and a 54-foot-long acrylic walk-through tunnel.
Packages & Gear Rental
Basic Shark Dive Maui Package $199
Includes use of weights and air tank, two 1-Day Journey Passes (for same-day admission), free Shark Dive Maui® t-shirt
Deluxe Shark Dive Maui Package $242.50 – Includes everything from the Basic Package PLUS the rental of regulator and buoyancy compensator device (BCD)
Complete Shark Dive Maui Package $259.50 – Includes everything from the Deluxe Package PLUS complete gear rental: regulator, BCD, mask, fins, and wetsuit (men’s and women’s small to x-large available)
All packages include:
- Complimentary same-day Aquarium admission for diver and one guest
- 20% off same-day general admission for all additional viewing guests
Restrictions & Details:
- Must be age 12 or older
- Diver must present proof of SCUBA certification upon check-in
- Maximum of six divers each day
- Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 business hours in advance. Prices, times and other details are subject to change.
- *Due to the constant rotation of animals back to the ocean, the presence of any specific animal cannot be guaranteed.
- All prices are plus tax
Available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Check in is at 8:00am. The program runs about 2 hours, with divers underwater for approximately 40 minutes
Call (808) 270-7075 or e-mail email@example.com.