Leave life on the surface behind as you descend into the pelagic realm with our Ocean Experts, where you’ll initiate a lifetime of respect and appreciation for the revered sharks of Hawaiʻi.
Shark Dive Maui is more than a thrilling experience to check off your bucket list — it’s an opportunity to understand the profound connection between the ocean’s top predators and the native people of Hawaiʻi. During this cage-free dive into our 750,000-gallon Open Ocean exhibit, everything you thought you knew about sharks will dissolve and transform into deep respect and an urge to protect.
Reserve your spot today for an intimate experience with over 20 sharks, hundreds of fish, and rays.
Sharks are known as keystone species, meaning without them, the oceans would suffer irreparable damage. There are over 500 species of sharks worldwide, and each one of them serves an essential purpose. These apex predators have keen senses to keep the oceans free from rampant disease, sickness, and decay and are one of the most significant contributors to maintaining clean waters.
How Does Hawaiian History Influence Current Day Relationships with Sharks in Hawaiʻi?
Many Hawaiian families hold a special connection with sharks and believe them to be ʻaumākua or ancestral guides who watch them from beyond the worldly realm. ʻAumākua are not only sharks and can be manifested as other animals, a sign of nature, or an inanimate object. They serve to protect Hawaiian families from harm and deliver messages to the living. In return, Hawaiians with an ʻaumakua in their families protect them and care for them. For this reason, sharks in Hawaiʻi are highly regarded and respected.
- Monday, Wednesday or Friday reservation, based on availability
- Approximate 3 hour experience:
- Shark Dive Maui Hawaiian culture and connection presentation
- Exclusive afternoon approximate 30 minute dive with Maui Ocean Center Divemaster at Maui Ocean Center’s Open Ocean tank
- Highly personalized dive with maximum of 4 divers per day
- Advance choice of 3 dive equipment packages
- Dedicated diver shower and refresh room
- Complimentary General Admission to Maui Ocean Center for diver and up to one guest (same day, any time from 9am to 2:30pm)
- Exclusive Shark Dive Maui t-shirt (coming soon)
- Exclusive Shark Dive Maui luggage tag (coming soon)
- Exclusive, commemorative personalized Shark Dive Maui certificate
- See more details under FAQ’s
- On-line reservations required at minimum 24 hours in advance
- Must be 12 years of age or older
- Diver must present proof of active SCUBA certification
- Agreed and signed General and Rental Equipment liability form
- Single divers are encouraged. Minimum of 2 diver packages purchased in order for Shark Dive Maui to operate.
- Reservations are non-refundable
- Maui Ocean Center reserves right to cancel dive or diver for any reason
- $350 per diver (includes wetsuit, weight and air tank only)
- $400 per diver (includes wetsuit, weight and air tank, regulator, and buoyancy compensator device)
- $450 per diver (includes wetsuit, weight and air tank, regulator, buoyancy compensator device, mask and fins
- Nā Hoa Kai annual members receive 15% discount (not combinable with other offers)
- Experienced Shark Dive Maui before? Receive a $50 per diver credit upon check in to your dive on the day of your reservation! Just bring your dive log with you.
- Is this your first Shark Dive Maui experience? Receive a $50 per diver credit post-dive to use next time! This discount is non-transferrable and cannot be replaced.
- Become a Member! Our Nā Hoa Kai annual membership includes a one-time, Shark Dive Maui 15% package discount
- Discount may not be combinable with other offers
Dives are not available on the following major holidays should they fall on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday: New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Kamehameha Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
If this is your first dive with us and you're planning on returning, we are glad to extend a $50 discount coupon code for next time. Please note this discount cannot be transferred or replaced.
Active Nā Hoa Kai annual members receive 15% off their purchase (not combinable with any other offers). Click here to become a member to take advantage of this discount and other member benefits: Membership.