Parklinq will ask for your preferred length of parking time, contact information (name, email address, and mobile number), and your license plate number and credit card information. After completing your payment, a text message will be sent as confirmation. 15 minutes prior to time expiration, a text reminder asking if you wish to extend your parking time will be sent. If you do not have a smartphone, you may reach Parklinq's Customer Service at 808.517.5017.
All guests with an active and valid ADA placard may park in the designated ADA parking areas free of charge.
For Nā Hoa Kai Members:
Please follow this link for more information about becoming a member: Membership. Members receive complimentary parking by directly registering their vehicle/s one-time with Maui Ocean Center. After registering, members may park in the designated membership parking area. If you are a Nā Hoa Kai member, please contact email@example.com or 808.270.7000. If membership expires, free membership parking will be automatically concluded.
For Kamaʻāina (full-time Hawaiʻi residents): :
All residents of the State of Hawaiʻi are provided complimentary parking within the designated kamaʻāina parking lot. After parking, residents must text their license plate number to 808.213.0223 upon each visit for verification. Name and other details are not required.
To and from Kahului Airport: The Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority and State of Hawaiʻi Department of Transportation have launched the Maui Aloha Shuttle, a pilot program that runs three times a day from Kahului Airport to West Maui and Wailea resort areas, with tickets available for purchase at a counter by the airport baggage claim. Costs are $50 to West Maui, and $35 for Wailea stops.
- Tickets must be purchased online, with reservation times selected in advance. Tickets
- No tickets or reservations will be sold at the front gate.
- Complimentary wheelchairs can be picked up upon check-in on a first-come, first-served basis. Availability is limited.
- Ticket prices are now inclusive of general admission and The Humpbacks of Hawaiʻi Sphere Experience.
- Contact information, including email, will be required, and guests are encouraged to show their electronic confirmation at gate entry.
- As of March 26, 2022, face masks are no longer required indoors or outdoors, but are still strongly encouraged, along with social distancing and sanitation.
- Digital park map access is available via QR code to support our ongoing commitment to reducing touch points and encouraging sustainable living.
- Virtual Marine Naturalist presentations and virtual park maps are also provided via QR code to allow guests to watch and listen to marine naturalists at their leisure rather than in a scheduled time format.
- Personal headphones are highly encouraged to enjoy the presentation without disruption and as a courtesy to other guests. Headphones are also available for purchase at Maui Ocean Treasures.
- Sanitization stations with contactless dispensers are available throughout the park (refer to park map for locations).
- Hand washing stations with contactless soap dispensers in all restrooms (refer to park map for locations). Contactless payments are highly encouraged.
Additional requirements may be implemented without notification based on recommendations or mandates from health and government officials.
Maui Ocean Center reserves the right to refuse entry to any person for any reason.
Nā Hoa Kai Members are not required to make reservations in advance.
We offer a discounted ticket price for kama‘āina (residents) and active U.S. military members. Valid identification is required upon entry.
There are three ways to donate to the Marine Institute while visiting Maui Ocean Center: donate via credit card at Maui Ocean Treasures gift shop, "round up" your purchase at Maui Ocean Treasures, or donate directly through this form. All donation proceeds directly fund MOCMI's mission of restoring Hawaiʻi's reefs and rescuing and rehabilitating Hawaiian green sea turtles.
Guests may also tune in to virtual marine naturalist presentations at any time via the QR codes posted at exhibits throughout the park. Bring your smartphone mobile device and scan the QR code to access expert information anytime. As a courtesy to other guests, we recommend bringing personal headphones or purchasing a pair at Maui Ocean Treasures gift shop.
In June of 2021, we launched Ocean Aloha, go green for blue, Maui Ocean Center’s island-based marine conservation program. With Ocean Aloha, we focus on further educating our visitors and residents on the importance of caring for our natural resources. Visit our island cultural practitioners for storytelling, demonstrations, and interactive learning opportunities. Keiki (children) can also enjoy video edutainment with our 8-year-old Maui Keiki Ambassadors, Imani and Liam, in the shaded outdoor Lauwai area. Ocean Aloha
Shallow Reef: 9:30, 10:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30
Blacktip Sharks: 10:15, 12:00, 3:15
Open Ocean: 11:00, 3:00
*We exhibit marine animals in realistic, natural environments and feed them according to their needs; therefore, regularly scheduled feedings are not guaranteed, and presentations may be canceled without notice.