For the health, safety, and well-being of our guests and team members, we now have timed entry with a reduced capacity.
- Tickets are required to be purchased and reservation time preselected in advance: Tickets
- No tickets or reservations will be sold at the front gate.
- Wheelchair reservations may also be made at the time of reservation, based on availability.
- Ticket prices are now inclusive of general admission and The Humpbacks of Hawai`i Sphere Experience.
Contact information, including email, will be required and guests are encouraged to show their electronic confirmation at gate entry.
Virtual Naturalist Presentations and Park Map: Guests will now have access to our Marine Naturalist presentations and park map via QR codes provided at gate entry and in-park. The virtual presentations allow our guests to watch and listen to the Marine Naturalist at their leisure, rather than a scheduled time format. We highly encourage personal headphones so the guest can enjoy the presentation without disruption and as a courtesy to other guests. Headphones are also available for purchase at Maui Ocean Treasures.
Our new virtual park map offers digital convenience and supports our ongoing commitment to reducing touch points and encouraging sustainable living.
For Your Health and Well-Being: Based on guidance from health and government authorities, the following is required of all guests and Maui Ocean Center team members:
- Thermal temperature checks of all guests upon park entry. Guests who display signs of COVID-19, including temperatures in the “red zone” as categorized by our thermal scanners, will be denied entry, along with their entire party. Sorry, no exceptions. Please note that these temperature restrictions may be stricter than current CDC guidelines.
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are required to be worn by guests (2 years and older) and Maui Ocean Center team members (with exception of actively eating or drinking)
- “Follow the Yellow Tang” ground decals one-way pedestrian flow and social distancing markers
- 6’ social distancing is required at all times
- Sanitization stations with contactless dispensers are available throughout the park and are highly encouraged to be used frequently (refer to park map for locations)
- Hand washing stations with contactless soap available in all restrooms and highly encouraged to be used frequently (refer to park map for locations)
- Contactless payments are highly encouraged
- Additional requirements may be implemented based on health and government entities
- Maui Ocean Center reserves the right to not permit entry to any person, for any reason
Advance ticket purchase and reservation time
Reservations ensure we can meet reduced capacity guidelines and conduct contactless payments.
Thermal temperature checks of all guests upon park entry
Guests who display signs of COVID-19, including temperatures in the "red zone" as categorized by our thermal scanners, will be denied entry, along with their entire party. Sorry, no exceptions. Please note that our temperature restrictions may be stricter than the current CDC guidelines.
Face masks worn at all times by all guests 2 years and older per CDC guidelines.
Exception during seated food and/or beverage consumption with 6’ social distancing
One-way pedestrian park flow, adhering to 6’ social distancing markers
Just follow the yellow tang fish!
These additional protocols are recommended:
View park maps through your mobile device via QR Code
Just scan the QR code with your mobile device camera or QR APP
Listen to Virtual Marine Naturalist presentations via QR Code; headphones required
Please bring your personal headphones or purchase at Maui Ocean Treasures gift shop.
Use the anti-bacterial stations throughout the park
Please refer to the park map for outdoor anti-bacterial stations and indoor restrooms offering anti-bacterial soap. We highly encourage healthy habits!
Contactless payment options are available throughout the park
Protective, clear acrylic cashier stations offer contactless payments.
DIY mask pattern
Nā Hoa Kai Members must input their VIP code when making reservations. If you need this code resent to you via email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a discounted ticket price for kama‘āina (residents) and active U.S. military members. Please present valid identification at entry.
However, you may enter up to 10 minutes prior to your reservation time, and up to 20 minutes after your reservation time.
Launched June 2021, join us for Ocean Aloha, go green for blue, Maui Ocean Center’s island-based marine conservation program in support of further education our visitors and residents the important of caring for our natural resources. Visit our island cultural practitioners for storytelling, demonstrations and interactive learning opportunities. Keiki (children) can also enjoy edu-tainment with our 8 year old Maui Keiki Ambassadors, Imani and Liam via a giant monitor, located at the Lauwai. Ocean Aloha
To accommodate social distancing guidelines, attendance is limited per showing. Additional antibacterial wipes are available upon request.
Dine With Us
Due to recommended safety guidelines, refillable water stations are not available. Water is available for purchase at the Reef Café.
Want to pitch in for our oceans and marine life? We’ll reward your efforts! Pick up an empty clean-up bag at Maui Ocean Treasures gift shop, fill it up with beach garbage and recyclables, and return it for a free Maui Ocean Center recyclable shopping bag.
To accommodate social distancing guidelines, please wait outdoors until you are invited in. We encourage customers to refrain from touching of products unless they intend to purchase. Sales representatives are happy to assist you.
Following the developments in the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, the Maui Ocean Center temporarily closed to the public in March of 2020. During closure, the marine animals continued to receive uninterrupted care by our expert team of exhibit curators, divers, and aquarists. The Maui Ocean Center’s robust life support system provides 24/7 maintenance for our marine animals and exhibits. This system, designed with failsafes to withstand natural disasters, was not impacted by the closure.
At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we enhanced our already high standard of sanitation and continue to do so. In order to provide our team members with a safe and welcoming workplace, we deep clean our facilities, practice healthy habits, and follow the current recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We thank you for understanding and helping us to mālama kekahi i kekahi.
For the latest aquarium updates and SEA-News, subscribe to the Maui Ocean Center Newsletter.
Maui Ocean Center is proud to offer the Ocean Education Classroom – an online resource for culture and education that can be experienced from the comfort of home.
- Slow the spread of COVID-19 by downloading the State of Hawai`i’s official exposure notification app, AlohaSafe Alert.
- State of Hawai`i – Safe Travels Hawai`i Program (Trusted Testing & Travel Partners)
- Maui County Guidelines
- Hawai`i Visitors & Convention Bureau Health & Safety Video