Strap on SCUBA gear and slip into our 750,000-gallon Open Ocean exhibit. Through Shark Dive Maui, you’ll have the chance to encounter up to five species of sharks including sandbar sharks, blacktip reef sharks, whitetip reef sharks, grey reef sharks, and on most occasions a tiger shark.* Your friends and family can also watch the entire adventure from the Open Ocean viewing area and a 54-foot-long acrylic walk-through tunnel.
This cage-free, immersive experience highlights the significance of sharks in the Hawaiian culture and marine ecosystem. Many different species of sharks live in Hawai‘i’s waters, though SCUBA divers seldom encounter them. Every shark that is welcomed or released from Maui Ocean Center is blessed by Kahu Dane Maxwell, our Hawaiian Cultural Advisor, to ensure that these special animals are treated with the utmost respect and care.
*We continuously rotate our animals back to the ocean, the presence of any specific animal cannot be guaranteed.
Shark dives are appropriate for ages 12 and up.
All packages include:
- Complimentary same-day aquarium admission for each diver and one guest
- 20% off same-day general admission for all additional viewing guests
- Free Shark Dive Maui® t-shirt per diver
Restrictions & Details:
- Must be age 12 or older
- Minimum of two divers required. Single divers, please call during office hours (Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.) to be placed on the waitlist
- Maximum of six divers each day
- Diver must present proof of SCUBA certification upon check-in
- Wetsuit required
- Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 business hours in advance.
- Prices, times and other details are subject to change.