Part of a Team
Working at the Maui Ocean Center is more than a job or a career. It is an opportunity to be a part of a community of passionate, dedicated lovers of Hawaii’s marine life and collaborate together to create and sustain an island culture, environment and way of life that will sustain future generations. We believe we have more to say, to do and advance by teaming together to make our world a better place for everyone.
If this sounds like fun to you, we would love to hear from you! Open positions can be found listed below. Maui Ocean Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a smoke-free environment.
Apply through the web form at the bottom of the listings.
Retail Sales Associate – Specializing in Fudge Selling & Making
We are looking for a fun, energetic, customer service-minded salesperson who LOVES working with people and who wants a SWEET job working with our very own made in-house fudge! Our Retail Sales Associate-Specializing in Fudge Selling & Making will learn how our gift shop business operates as well as work with customers on a daily basis. This person will also get to learn about how the best fudge on the island is made, and also how to sell it. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, as well as bend, stoop, and lift 50lb or more. No previous experience is required, just a sweet disposition and the desire to learn!
Retail Sales Associate – Full Time
Our Retail Sales Associates are a vital part of our daily business because they are interacting directly with our customers. Customers and delivering world-class customer service to all of our customers is our number one priority. We expect that our Retail Sales Associates be so much more than just a cashier, we expect our Retail Sales Associates interact with customers and encourage and drive sales toward daily sales goals. We also expect that our Retail Sales Associates have a positive impact on our customers’ visits so that our customers leave our store and the park with a positive outlook on our park and all of the efforts that we are endeavoring on, as well as hopefully a little piece of Maui.
Food & Beverage
Seascape Restaurant located at the Maui Ocean Center is seeking employees for the following positions: Cook, Food Preparer, Dishwasher, Host/Hostess. Candidates should be able to work flexible hours both day and evening. Previous experience is preferred but training is available.
Maintenance – Full Time
We’re looking to add a full-time maintenance position. Qualified person will have a good working knowledge with 12-volt applications, plumbing, carpentry, and general maintenance/repair. Individual must be self-motivated and possess problem solving skills. Ability to support, organize and work well with a diverse team a must. Experience with large pumps, electrical motors, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry preferred. Understanding and appreciation for marine life a plus.
-Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
-Must have a valid Hawaii driver’s license
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Director of Education
We’re looking for an energetic, knowledgeable and highly organized professional to lead our education team. This individual must have excellent leadership and communication skills as well as the ability to collaborate across the various MOC departments and with local stakeholders within the community to achieve collective goals. Being well versed in Hawaiian marine science/biology/culture a plus. Applications and additional information available at 192 Maalaea Rd, Wailuku, HI 9679, Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
No Phone Calls Please
Sphere Theater Attendant
Maui Ocean Center is seeking a part-time/casual theater attendant for the new sphere theater.
The theater attendant will be responsible for ensuring that guests have a positive experience while attending events held in the theater.
- Responsibilities will include greeting guests as they enter the theater, taking tickets, maintaining an accurate count of guests and handing out and collecting 3D glasses.
- Facilitate the automated cleaning of 3D glasses throughout the day.
- Position requires an organized, detail-oriented individual with great people skills. This person will be responsible for directing guests to their seats, introducing the presentations and starting the video presentations using iPad control to start the show.
- Interested individuals must have a high school diploma and some experience in the hospitality industry is a plus.
Requirements to work with us:
- Great people skills, outgoing and pleasant.
- Ability to interact with guests while facilitating smooth entry and exits of our guests through the theater.
- Must be able to work flexible hours throughout the day and occasional evenings, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work efficiently in a flexible and constantly changing work environment with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with other employees and effectively work as a team, as well as independently to perform all job requirements.