Experience Maui's only shark diving activity!
Thousands of visitors travel to Hawaii every year to experience the colorful coral reefs, abundant sea life, and uniqueness of the islands’ marine animals. There are also many different species of sharks living in Hawaii’s waters, and SCUBA divers seldom encounter them.
Through Shark Dive Maui®, you’ll have the chance to encounter up to five species of sharks including sandbar sharks, blacktip reef sharks, whitetip reef sharks, grey reef sharks, and on most occasions a tiger shark*. This immersive experience highlights the significance of sharks in the Hawaiian culture and marine ecosystem.
The diver’s friends and family can also watch the entire adventure from the exhibit’s viewing area and a 54-foot-long acrylic walk-through tunnel.
*Due to the constant rotation of animals back to the ocean, the presence of any specific animal cannot be guaranteed.
Gear and Rental
Basic Shark Dive Maui Package $199
Includes use of weights and air tank.
Deluxe Shark Dive Maui Package $242.50
Includes everything from the Basic Package PLUS the rental of regulator and buoyancy compensator device (BCD)
Complete Shark Dive Maui Package $259.50
Includes everything from the Deluxe Package PLUS complete gear rental: mask, fins, and wetsuit (men’s and women’s small to x-large available)
All packages include:
- Complimentary same-day Aquarium admission for each diver and one guest
- 20% off same-day general admission for all additional viewing guests
- Free Shark Dive Maui® t-shirt per diver
Restrictions & Details:
- Must be age 12 or older
- Diver must present proof of SCUBA certification upon check-in
- For safety reasons, a wetsuit is required to dive
- Maximum of six divers each day
- Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 business hours in advance. Prices, times and other details are subject to change.
- All prices are plus tax
Now through December 31, 2018, Shark Dive Maui is available Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays with an 8:00am check-in time. Effective January 1, 2019, Shark Dive Maui will move to Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 3:00pm with a 2:45pm check-in time.
The program runs about 2 hours, with divers underwater for approximately 40 minutes.Book Now